Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. Thanks for stopping by to take a peek inside. Here you'll find cooking tips, info on agriculture (my industry), and anything else I find interesting. I'm also an observer of human nature, be prepared to hear some interesting things!!! Oh, please leave comments. If you like it or not, let me know how I can improve, or do more of the things you already like! Dave

Friday, January 26, 2007

Alton Brown, Culinary Wizard!

Anyone else watch Alton?

We try to catch him as often as possible. Not only does he tell you what to do, but why! Many times, it makes much more sense after the "why" part, and makes cooking much easier.

Part MacGuyver, part Chef, and alway entertaining, who can deny that using a large ceramic chicken as a regular character is just short of genius. We've often re-created his recipes and found them easy to follow and VERY good. French Onion soup is one of the fav's and we make it several times each winter.

Another is beer. After watching his episode on brewing, I was inspired to give it a try. Around 30 bucks later, I had the basic equipment and ingredients and I too was a home brewer. It's still something I play with, and enjoy making a wide variety of styles just to try.

Anyone who can make a fish smoker out of a cardboard box, and a few items found lying around is my hero! Yeah, the details of the smoker are not in the link, but the recipe is and it's fantastic. For the smoker, you'll have to catch the episode sometime.

Watch Alton, learn, do........

D

No comments: